Friday, March 21, 2014
9:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Dardenne Prairie City Hall
$30 per child
This class, taught by a St. Louis Children’s Hospital instructor, is a great introduction to the basics of babysitting. A 28-page workbook and light snack are provided.
- The business of babysitting
- Child Development
- Safety and First Aid
- Fun and Games
Pre-Registration is required.
Call 314-454-KIDS (5437)
or 800-678-KIDS (5437)
Press 3 and give: Class Date and Class Location
Saturday, April 12
8:00 a.m. – 12 noon
Looking for a chance to volunteer within your community? Mission: Clean Stream is a great opportunity to dive in and get your feet wet. Join volunteers all over St. Charles County as they work in their individual communities picking up trash in area streams, parks and near waterways. Volunteers will meet at City Hall at 8 a.m. and will then be sent to various designations. Please call Melissa at 636-755-5308 for more information or to sign up to volunteer.
Rain date for this event is Saturday, April 26th
Lucky Lunch & Bingo
Friday, March 14th, 2014
Dardenne Prairie City Hall
Enjoy a St. Patrick’s Day themed lunch and Bingo with your friends. Doors open at 11:00 a.m., lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m. (Lunch will include vegetarian options). $4 for residents, $5 for non-residents. Please RSVP by contacting Melissa at 636-755-5308 or by e-mail at email@example.com
On Wednesday, February 12, 2014, the City of Dardenne Prairie, Missouri, conducted a Public Hearing before the Planning and Zoning Commission concerning the adoption of a city plan (Dardenne Prairie Comprehensive Plan). On January 18, 2014, the Dardenne Prairie Planning and Zoning Commission hosted an Open House, from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. at the City Hall to provide an opportunity for public review, questions and comments on the draft City of Dardenne Prairie Comprehensive Plan (City Plan) Update. Planning and Zoning commissioners and City staff were available at this Open House to answer questions and receive comments regarding the draft Comprehensive Plan Update.
A comprehensive plan serves as a guide for making a community a better place in which to live and work over a 15- to 20-year timeframe. It communicates to residents, developers, and others what land use pattern is desired by the community in particular areas of the City.
The original “Comprehensive Plan of the City of Dardenne Prairie” was adopted in 2002. This current Comprehensive Plan is available for review and download here. The City has undergone significant changes since this date as a result of annexations, residential and commercial development, environmental legislation, regional planning projects, adoption of the Dardenne Prairie Uptown Zoning District and the implementation of the limited access Missouri State Highway 364 project.
Because planning is a vital role in maintaining and improving the quality of life for all Dardenne Prairie residents, the City’s Planning and Zoning Commission has undertaken the process of reviewing and revising its comprehensive plan. A draft copy of the Dardenne Prairie Comprehensive Plan Update is available for review and download here – (coming soon!). The current Dardenne Prairie Uptown City Plan, which is a part of the draft Comprehensive Plan as Appendix A, is available for review and download here – (coming soon!).
The Planning and Zoning Commission will consider the adoption of the draft Dardenne Prairie Comprehensive Plan Update at their next regularly scheduled meeting on March 12, 2014. This meeting is planned to begin at 7:00 p.m. at the Dardenne Prairie City Hall located at 2032 Hanley Road. The Planning and Zoning Commission is seeking input from City stakeholders. A Comments and Questions Sheet is available here – (coming soon!). to provide your comments and questions to the Planning and Zoning Commission regarding the draft Comprehensive Plan Update.
The City of Dardenne Prairie Parks and Recreation Services will begin taking applications for athletic field reservations on December 2, 2013 for Organizations and on January 21, 2014 for Teams. Please click here for an application.
Athletic Field Permit for ORGANIZATIONS
Athletic organizations requesting the use of Dardenne Prairie parks and playing fields between March 1, and November 30, 2014, must submit an application in person to the City of Dardenne Prairie, Parks and Recreation Services, 2032 Hanley Road, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri 63368. Registration for athletic fields will begin on December 2, 2013, at 9am at Dardenne Prairie City Hall. All applications must be delivered in person. Reservations will not be taken over the phone. The application will be stamped with the date and time received.
The Park & Recreation office will review the applications and notify the parties that their permit has been approved. The permit must be picked up within 14 days of notification. Payment, by cash or check, must be made when picking up permit.
Your field request should contain:
- Specific park, field, day of the week, date and time (beginning and ending dates & times) of all practices to be held on the athletic fields.
- Participant roster from spring or fall 2013, which includes participant names and street addresses. (Only needed if organization qualifies for residency discount.)
- A current certificate of insurance naming the City of Dardenne Prairie as “ADDITIONALLY INSURED” is required at the time a permit is issued. Minimum coverage required is one million dollars liability and two million dollars general aggregate. It shall be the responsibility of the permit holder/organization to insure coverage is not interrupted throughout usage. Failure to provide the required insurance will result in revocation of usage.
Organizations Field Fees:
Non-Profit Organizations in Dardenne Prairie $20.00 per hour per field
Non-Profit Organization not in Dardenne Prairie $30.00 per hour per field
For Profit Organization $30.00 per hour per field
- Discounts are available upon the percentage of Dardenne Prairie residents participating in your program.
Athletic Field Reservations for TEAMS
- Each team is allowed to reserve one practice session per week (practice sessions are a maximum of 1 ½ hours)
- Each team is allowed to reserve up to 12 practice sessions per permit (when only one date remains on the permit, six more practices may be reserved)
- Practice time slots have been established to allow the most efficient use of the fields
- Permits are issued for practice from March 1st through November 30th
- Reservations for athletic fields must be made in person at the City of Dardenne Prairie City Hall, 2032 Hanley Road
- Once a permit is issued, changes must be made in advance and in person (changes will not be made unless the original permit is surrendered)
- Phone inquiries concerning availability of fields will be accepted. An authorized permit serves as an official reservation and must be presented upon request
Team Field Fees:
- A reservation fee of $20.00 per hour will be collected for Dardenne Prairie residents and $30.00 per hour for non-residents
- There are no refunds for rainouts or unused scheduled time
- All fees must be paid at the time the permit is issued
Dardenne Prairie is offering a unique and affordable way for you or your home business to expand. We have a new, state of the art commercial kitchen that is waiting for you. Whether you need two hours a night or a full fledged cooking operation we can accommodate your needs. The facility is 450 square feet, has a commercial walk in cooler and an upright freezer. All work tables, sink and counter are commercial grade stainless steel. If you are preparing food for catering, baking goods or preparing items to be sold for a farmer’s market we can accommodate you. Please call Bob Easley at Dardenne Prairie City Hall 636-755-5328.
Elections will be held on April 8, 2014. For general information please follow this link to the St. Charles County Election Authority.
Please click here for a sample ballot for the Dardenne Prairie election.
Remember your vote counts.
Please make an informed decision.
Dardenne Athletic Association now Accepting Baseball Registrations
Dardenne Athletic Association is now accepting registrations for the upcoming baseball season. Registration forms may be dropped off at Dardenne Prairie City Hall , Monday – Friday, 9 – 4:30 or mailed to DAA, P.O. Box 1054, O’Fallon, MO 63366.
There will be a walk–in registration at City Hall on
Saturday, February 8th from 9 a.m. – 12 noon.
For all questions regarding baseball, please call the Dardenne Athletic Association hotline at 636-625-6256 or visit their website, http://www.dardennesports.com
Dardenne Prairie City Hall will be closed:
May 26, 2014 – Memorial Day
Dardenne Prairie Volunteer Program
The City of Dardenne Prairie is developing a volunteer program. Senior citizens, high school and college students, families and singles, church groups and organizations, anyone with an interest in community service can choose to volunteer their time and talents. Volunteering can also help students make career choices and fulfill service hour requirements. If you are interested in helping our community grow through personal involvement, please send Patti an e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org