MoDOT and its contractor Page Constructors, will be permanently closing a connection between Henke Road/Technology Drive and I-64 on Monday, April 28. Additional information is available here.
Dardenne Prairie hosted their first Pitch, Hit and Run Competition on Friday, April 11th. Fifty seven boys and girls came out to show off their baseball and softball skills. The Pitch, Hit and Run competition is a MLB sponsored event that allows competitors to move up to sectional, state and even national competitions. Dardenne Prairie Champions will have the chance to compete at the sectional event held at the Chesterfield Valley Athletic Complex on Saturday, May 10th. Winners at the sectional level will be invited to compete at Busch Stadium for the state competition. Here are the Dardenne Prairie Champions:
Boys Age 7/8
Pitch Winner: Cameron G.
Hit Winner: Blake H.
Run Winner: Cameron G.
All Around Champ: Cameron G.
Boys Age 9/10
Pitch Winner (7 way tie): Kyle C., Thomas C., Michael C., Domenic N., Noah T., Zachary C., Holden K.
Hit Winner: Christopher H.
Run Winner: Zachary C.
All Around Champ: Zachary C.
Boys Age 11/12
Pitch Winner: Samuel H.
Hit Winner: Jack H..
Run Winner: Ryne M.
All Around Champ: Jack H.
Pitch Winner: Dalton B.
Hit Winner: Anthony L.
Run Winner: Anthony L.
All Around Champ: Steven M.
Pitch Winner: Adison R.
Hit Winner: —-
Run Winner: Morgan B.
All Around Champ: Adison R.
Pitch Winner: Sydney H.
Hit Winner: —–
Run Winner: Sydney H.
All Around Champ: Sydney H.
Pitch Winner: (4 Way Tie) Mila L., Madison H., Mary K., Abigail H.
Hit Winner: Madison H.
Run Winner: Mary K.
All Around Champ: Mary K.
Saturday, April 19th
10 a.m. Egg Hunt Begins
9 – 11 a.m. Earth Day Festival
9:45 a.m. Arbor Day Essay Contest Winner Announced
Our Annual Easter Egg Hunt promises to be bigger and better than ever. Come out for a day of visiting with local “green” vendors, pick up a free tree seedling, hunt for eggs, and hope to be one of the lucky hunters who gets to take home one of our fun prizes.
Children ages up to 9 years old are invited to
participate in the Easter Egg Hunt.
Please see the schedule below for the start time for each age groups.
Ages 0 – 2 10:00 a.m.
Ages 3 – 4 10:15 a.m.
Ages 5 – 6 10:30 a.m.
Ages 7 – 9 10:45 a.m.
Dardenne Prairie has some amazing businesses! We would like to spread the word on just how great they are and we need your help. Every month our website will highlight one of these businesses, based on the input we receive from you.
Perhaps you’ve received exceptional service, or purchased a remarkable product. You may have tasted one of the most delicious dishes, or maybe you just like the atmosphere of an establishment. If this is the case and you would like to praise such fine efforts, let us know by emailing a description of your experience to DPBestBusinesses@dardenneprairie.org .
All of your submissions will be considered in determining the final selection for the DP Business of the month. We may even print your story.
The next highlighted business could be chosen because of you!
If you would like to report a street light outage in your neighborhood, please note the number on the light and/or the address where the light is located. You will call either Ameren Missouri or Cuivre River Electric cooperative, depending on which covers your neighborhood.
Call: 636-695-4700, Press “8” then press “4”, then you will speak with employee of Cuivre River
OR 636-695-4700 extension 220 and speak with Ronda
Call: 1-800-552-7583, Press “2”, then press “4”, you will be connected with a “Customer Care Advisor”
The City of Dardenne Prairie Parks and Recreation Services will begin taking applications for athletic field reservations on December 2, 2013 for Organizations and on January 21, 2014 for Teams. Please click here for an application.
Athletic Field Permit for ORGANIZATIONS
Athletic organizations requesting the use of Dardenne Prairie parks and playing fields between March 1, and November 30, 2014, must submit an application in person to the City of Dardenne Prairie, Parks and Recreation Services, 2032 Hanley Road, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri 63368. Registration for athletic fields will begin on December 2, 2013, at 9am at Dardenne Prairie City Hall. All applications must be delivered in person. Reservations will not be taken over the phone. The application will be stamped with the date and time received.
The Park & Recreation office will review the applications and notify the parties that their permit has been approved. The permit must be picked up within 14 days of notification. Payment, by cash or check, must be made when picking up permit.
Your field request should contain:
- Specific park, field, day of the week, date and time (beginning and ending dates & times) of all practices to be held on the athletic fields.
- Participant roster from spring or fall 2013, which includes participant names and street addresses. (Only needed if organization qualifies for residency discount.)
- A current certificate of insurance naming the City of Dardenne Prairie as “ADDITIONALLY INSURED” is required at the time a permit is issued. Minimum coverage required is one million dollars liability and two million dollars general aggregate. It shall be the responsibility of the permit holder/organization to insure coverage is not interrupted throughout usage. Failure to provide the required insurance will result in revocation of usage.
Organizations Field Fees:
Non-Profit Organizations in Dardenne Prairie $20.00 per hour per field
Non-Profit Organization not in Dardenne Prairie $30.00 per hour per field
For Profit Organization $30.00 per hour per field
- Discounts are available upon the percentage of Dardenne Prairie residents participating in your program.
Athletic Field Reservations for TEAMS
- Each team is allowed to reserve one practice session per week (practice sessions are a maximum of 1 ½ hours)
- Each team is allowed to reserve up to 12 practice sessions per permit (when only one date remains on the permit, six more practices may be reserved)
- Practice time slots have been established to allow the most efficient use of the fields
- Permits are issued for practice from March 1st through November 30th
- Reservations for athletic fields must be made in person at the City of Dardenne Prairie City Hall, 2032 Hanley Road
- Once a permit is issued, changes must be made in advance and in person (changes will not be made unless the original permit is surrendered)
- Phone inquiries concerning availability of fields will be accepted. An authorized permit serves as an official reservation and must be presented upon request
Team Field Fees:
- A reservation fee of $20.00 per hour will be collected for Dardenne Prairie residents and $30.00 per hour for non-residents
- There are no refunds for rainouts or unused scheduled time
- All fees must be paid at the time the permit is issued
Dardenne Prairie is offering a unique and affordable way for you or your home business to expand. We have a new, state of the art commercial kitchen that is waiting for you. Whether you need two hours a night or a full fledged cooking operation we can accommodate your needs. The facility is 450 square feet, has a commercial walk in cooler and an upright freezer. All work tables, sink and counter are commercial grade stainless steel. If you are preparing food for catering, baking goods or preparing items to be sold for a farmer’s market we can accommodate you. Please call Bob Easley at Dardenne Prairie City Hall 636-755-5328.
Dardenne Athletic Association now Accepting Baseball Registrations
Dardenne Athletic Association is now accepting registrations for the upcoming baseball season. Registration forms may be dropped off at Dardenne Prairie City Hall , Monday – Friday, 9 – 4:30 or mailed to DAA, P.O. Box 1054, O’Fallon, MO 63366.
There will be a walk–in registration at City Hall on
Saturday, February 8th from 9 a.m. – 12 noon.
For all questions regarding baseball, please call the Dardenne Athletic Association hotline at 636-625-6256 or visit their website, http://www.dardennesports.com
Dardenne Prairie City Hall will be closed:
May 26, 2014 – Memorial Day
Dardenne Prairie Volunteer Program
The City of Dardenne Prairie is developing a volunteer program. Senior citizens, high school and college students, families and singles, church groups and organizations, anyone with an interest in community service can choose to volunteer their time and talents. Volunteering can also help students make career choices and fulfill service hour requirements. If you are interested in helping our community grow through personal involvement, please send Patti an e-mail. email@example.com