REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE SERVICES
CITY OF DARDENNE PRAIRIE, MISSOURI
11-22-16 Real Estate Broker RFP
The City of Dardenne Prairie, Missouri (the “City”), desires to engage a commercial real estate broker to provide the services set forth below under the heading “Scope of Services” (the “Services”) for the sale of an approximately 10-acre parcel of real estate located at the southeast corner of Highway N and Hanley Road, being parcel ID No. 4-0036-S012-00-0003.0000000 (the “Property”). The City is seeking qualifications from firms with experience in commercial real estate brokerage services and commercial real estate development to perform the Services.
Interested firms should submit three (3) copies of their submittals. Qualifications must be submitted in a sealed envelope and shall be labeled in the lower left side of the envelope: “Qualifications for Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Services for the City of Dardenne Prairie.” The name and address of the respondent to this Request for Qualifications shall be placed in the upper left corner of the envelope.
The City must receive qualifications at the Office of the Mayor of Dardenne Prairie, 2032 Hanley Rd., Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368 by 5:00 PM on December 20, 2016. Facsimiles or electronic copies will not be accepted as a substitute for a sealed submittal bearing the original signature of the individual or qualified representative of the firm submitting the qualifications. Firms mailing qualifications should allow normal delivery time to ensure timely receipt of the qualifications.
SCOPE OF SERVICES: The scope of the Services to be provided by the successful firm shall include the following:
- Performing market analysis;
- Developing strategies for the sale of the Property;
- Creating marketing materials and advertisements;
- Coordinating real estate appraisals;
- Negotiating with potential buyers on behalf of the City;
- Presenting offers to the City;
- Providing the City with weekly progress reports;
- Coordinating the real estate transaction closing;
- Consulting with City staff, the Mayor and the Board of Aldermen (presentations at public meetings may be required); and
- Handling all other customary activities and services associated with real estate brokerage services.
QUALIFICATIONS: Respondents to this Request for Qualifications shall have the following qualifications:
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the State of Missouri.
- Must possess all valid certifications, licenses and insurance as required by federal, state and local laws at the time of submittal and for the duration of the Contract with the City.
- Must have an excellent reputation in the local real estate brokerage and development communities.
- Must be knowledgeable in the local real estate market, have experience marketing commercial and mixed-use properties, and must be experienced in commercial real estate development.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of all public real estate records.
- Must possess knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Strong preference will be given for respondents who can demonstrate five (5) years of active experience as a State of Missouri licensed real estate agent or broker within the preceding seven (7) years.
- Strong marketing skills as evidenced by sales records.
SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS: The following information must accompany your submittal:
- Firm name and address.
- Name, title, address and telephone number of the individual authorized to negotiate contract terms and make binding commitments (the “Authorized Individual”).
- Years that firm and Authorized Individual have been in the real estate brokerage business, as well as any previous names of the firm and previous firms with which the Authorized Individual was associated.
- Description of the firm including the firm’s experience and the number and duties of the professional staff.
- A list of all staff members to be assigned to the City with a resume which includes experience and training.
- Describe the pertinent real estate marketing, sale and development experience of the firm and the Authorized Individual in assisting similar entities, including any and all services for government agencies.
- List of at least three references when the firm provided similar services. Please provide names and telephone numbers of contact persons for each reference.
- Additional services offered through the firm.
- Listing of current litigation, outstanding judgments and liens.
- List of any and all professional or personal financial interests which could be a possible or perceived conflict of interest in representing the City.
- Fee schedule:
- State the commission rate for listing and selling the Property.
- State any other costs the Broker expects the City to pay relating to the Services.
- Project Plan for Service Delivery
- Include a plan, with sufficient detail, that evidences the approach and strategy for selling the Property. Indicate marketing skills, specialized experience and technical competence.
These work items are not intended to be inclusive of all of the tasks required to be performed in rendering the Service. Respondents should expand and modify these items, as needed, to assure a complete, comprehensive submittal necessary to deliver the work detailed herein.
All work products for the Services shall be provided to the City in hard copy form. The City shall own all work products and documents resulting from this RFQ.
GENERAL EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA: It is the intent of the City to conduct a fair and comprehensive evaluation of all submittals received. The City staff will review the qualifications received, and a recommendation for approval will be made to the Board of Aldermen. The City may use some or all of the following criteria in its evaluation of submittals:
- Understanding of the Services;
- Knowledge of the local real estate market;
- Reputation of the firm and Authorized Individual;
- Educational background, professional qualifications, and work experience of the Authorized Individual;
- The quality and clarity of the proposed scope of services, and the degree to which the respondent demonstrates a coherent approach to the Services; and
- The information and evaluation received from interviewing references
ORAL PRESENTATION/INTERVIEWS: Firms submitting qualifications in response to this RFQ may be required to give an oral presentation of their proposal. Additional technical and/or cost information may be requested for clarification purposes. Interviews are optional and may or may not be conducted.
RFQ SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS: By submitting qualifications, you represent that you have (1) thoroughly examined and become familiar with the scope of services outlined in this RFQ and (2) are capable of performing quality work to achieve the City’s objectives.
CONSIDERATION OF PROPOSALS: The City reserves the right to accept and/or reject any and all submittals, and to accept all or only some of the line items proposed by the successful respondent, to waive any and all technicalities in this Request for Qualifications, and to negotiate separately with any source whatsoever in any manner necessary to serve the best interest of the City. The City shall not be obligated to accept the lowest priced submittal.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Firms will be required to comply with all applicable federal and state equal opportunity, affirmative action and minority representation laws.
E-VERIFY: Firms are informed that pursuant to Section 285.530, RSMo., as a condition of the award of any contract in excess of five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), the successful firm shall, by sworn affidavit substantially in the form provided by the Attorney General of Missouri, and provision of documentation, affirm its enrollment and participation in E-Verify, a federal work authorization program, with respect to the employees working in connection to the contracted services. The successful firm shall also sign an affidavit affirming that it does not knowingly employ any person who is an unauthorized alien in connection to the contracted services.
INELIGIBLE FIRMS: All firms will be required to certify that they are not on the U.S. Comptroller General’s List of Ineligible Contractors nor any firm, partnership, or association in which they have substantial interest nor any other person, both natural and corporate, having substantial interest in their business is designated as an ineligible bidder or on the U.S. Comptroller General’s List of Ineligible Contractors. All firms submitting qualifications must also remain current and not be in default of any obligations due the City including, but not limited to, the payment of taxes, fines, penalties, licenses or other monies due to the City.
INQUIRIES: Questions that arise prior to submission of qualifications may be directed to Kim Clark, City Clerk, at 636-755-5311.
Name of Firm Date
_________________, its ____________
11-22-16 Real Estate Broker RFP